Thursday, February 05, 2009

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know,
His house is in the village though,
He will not see me stopping here,
To watch his woods fill up with snow,
My little  horse must think it queer,
To stop without a farmhouse near,
Between the woods and frozen lake,
The darkest evening of the year,
He gives his harness bells a shake,
To ask if there is some mistake,
The only other sound's the sweep,
Of easy wind and downy flake,
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

雪夜林边小驻

这是谁的林子我想我知道。 
虽然他的屋子是在村子里; 
他不会看到我驻足此地 
注视他落满雪花的林子。 
我的小马一定感到奇怪 
为何停在没有农舍的地方 
就在林子和冰湖之间 
在这一年中最漆黑的夜晚。 
他摇动绳上的铃铛 
想问问是否搞错了。 
徐风掠过和细雪纷飞 
徐风掠过和细雪纷飞。 
林子迷人,漆黑而深邃, 
但是我有约要赴, 
在我就寝前还得赶许多里路, 
在我就寝前还得赶许多里路。 

No comments: